Alliance Source Testing is searching for a Warehouse and Equipment Maintenance Technician (W&EMT) for our office located in Decatur, AL. This position supports field work activities by ensuring that equipment is maintained to the standards of Alliance Source Testing. The W&EMT will play a key role in maximizing efficiency of the field staff. Tasks include repair, cleaning and organization of various test equipment as well as the warehouse/office facilities. Limited occasional overnight travel may be required. Ideal candidate would be a motivated self-starter who enjoys contributing behind the scenes and has excellent attention to detail.
Responsibilities and Duties
Responsibilities will include, but may not be limited to, the following:
- Electrical and Mechanical repair of sampling equipment.
- Performing maintenance on sampling equipment.
- Calibration of sampling equipment.
- Cleaning and preparation of sampling equipment (pre/post field work).
- Cleaning and organization of the warehouse space.
- Cleaning, restocking and organizing of mobile laboratories.
- Maintaining the supply room inventory.
- Facilities maintenance:
- Mowing grass
- Changing light bulbs
- Changing HVAC filters
- Occasional transport of samples to various laboratories.
- Occasional transport of test equipment to other Alliance Source Testing locations.
- Tracking Vehicle and Trailer service intervals and making sure maintenance is performed.
- Weekly monitoring of tire condition and pressures on the truck and trailer fleet.
- Regular cleaning of the inside of company vehicles.
- Checking and filling DEF and washer fluid on a weekly basis in all trucks.
- Assist in loading equipment for field projects.
Qualifications and Skills
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Required
- Valid Driver’s License and clean driving record.
- Must adhere to all company driving policies.
- Must adhere to all company safety policies.
- Pass drug screens and background checks.
- Ability to lift 85 pounds.
- Ability to climb a ladder.
- Color vision.
- Motivated to contribute more than the minimum.
- Willing to work some overtime and occasional weekends.
- Ability to drive a pickup truck and pull and enclosed trailer.
- High School diploma.
- Some post-high school training in an electrical or mechanical field preferred.
- Strong electrical and mechanical aptitude.
- Basic vehicle maintenance knowledge.
- Good communicator – both verbally and written.
- Able to multi-task and prioritize.
- Able to work alone with little supervision and as part of a team.
- Ability to use basic office equipment: scanner, copier, PC.
- Basic knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel a plus.
- Punctual and very reliable.
- Job Type: Full Time
- Location: Decatur, AL
- Work week: Monday – Friday (may vary due to specific project needs)
Alliance offers great benefits including medical/dental/vision insurance; vacation, sick and holiday pay; and 401k match