This “technical sales” position serves as one of the keys to the continued growth and success of the company. Qualified candidates will be part of a growing sales team and are expected to perform the following duties:
- Identify, pursue, and land new industrial clients in the territory that meet our prospect profile
- Build relationships with new and existing customers in the territory
- Identify partners, consultants and conferences that AST can work with to build brand awareness
- Attend local, regional, industry specific, and national trade shows
- Learn our industry and key differentiators
- Work with our operations and technical experts to land large opportunities.
- Display the highest levels of ethics, determination, and a “desire to win”
- Utilize the provided tools, including SalesForce Enterprise, to effectively manage activities, tasks, follow up, and opportunities.
Candidates for this position must have a Bachelor’s Degree, preferably in Engineering, Science or related field. Qualified candidates must have a minimum of 3-5 years direct sales experience, ideally in an environmental, technical, or industrial sales related field. Candidates must be available to travel extensively throughout the primary target area as well as other regions within the continental United States. Excellent customer service attitude and proven track record of being a self-starter is a must. Familiarity with CRM (SalesForce Enterprise), Excel, Word, and PowerPoint is desired.
This is a full-time position with a base salary plus commission pay structure. Base salary will be based on technical and direct sales experience. AST offers great benefits including medical/dental/vision insurance; vacation, sick and holiday pay; and 401k match